Subject: commit -- expat 1.1 upgrade
From: Paul Rohr (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 20:03:06 CST
Upgrade to expat 1.1 so we'll be able to use namespace support, courtesy of
1. You'll definitely need to do a make clean.
2. See the new README.abi file for an explanation of how this differs from
the stock 1.1 release of expat. It's pretty darn minimal.
3. It looks like Sam didn't add xmltok_ns.c to the makefile, so I didn't
4. Note that the expat 1.1 sources are *dual-licensed* under both the MPL
and GPL. There was some confusion whether the earlier expat release was
GPL-compatible without modifying the license notices in each file. This
situation is now resolved.
5. This also means that our one substantive change (the BeOS thing) is also
available under both licenses. If that's a problem for anyone, let me know
6. Now that these changes have been tested on two platforms (Unix and
Win32), I don't expect there to be any additional problems. Check
Tinderbox if you're not sure.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Fri Mar 17 2000 - 19:57:37 CST