Subject: Re: Perl bindings compile error
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (email@example.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 07:06:30 CST
On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 19:02, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> > > But the real problem is in the compilation stage (looking for fp_PageSize::mm
> > > which does not seem to exist).
> > CVS update please. I've fixed this in the .xs file. If that doesn't
> > work, s/fp_PageSize::mm/DIM_MM/g
> It compiles now. Thanks!
On a related note, I've just committed a patch to make the perl bindings
work again. The problem was that the filename that you choose to
execute was not passed correctly to the perl bindings. I only took a
quick look at the code, and the pointer manipulations seemed ok to me
(except for a little mem leak), but gdb showed a corrupted filename, so
I just changed the char* stuff for UT_String, and everything worked.
Another point to take in account is that now the perl bindings (since
they are a plugin) doesn't report errors in a dialog box, as errmsg of
UT_PerlBindings is being ignored.
I've updated fax.pl to work with current bindings. You need gtk perl
bindings to make this script work.
-- Joaquin Cuenca Abela email@example.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Thu Feb 07 2002 - 07:03:27 CST