How to switch to overtype mode?

From: Bo Parker (
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 14:35:27 EST

  • Next message: Mark Gilbert: "Re: How to switch to overtype mode?"


    I have just used fink to install abiword on my computer (G4 933 Mac G4 running OS X 10.2.3, using Apple's X11).

    Question: how do I switch it to overtype mode?

    I see that there's a little "thing" at the bottom of the window, right about where Word's "OVR" annunciator is, and it says "INS", which I assume means that it's in "Insert" mode, but I haven't been able to figure out how to switch from "Insert" mode to "Overtype" mode.

    Thanks in advance

    Bo Parker

    Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at

    Meet Singles

    ----------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to with the word unsubscribe in the message body.

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Sun Jan 26 2003 - 14:37:47 EST